BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS

This is a page for us all to demonstrate  our love of books and stories! Using bugclub books or any books you have at home lets make our own page full of wonderful book reviews. Hopefully this will lead to others reading the reviews and finding new stories to get lost in and love too! So please, anytime you finish a book visit this page and leave your review!

Happy reading everyone and I hope you find the perfect adventure for you!

Book Reviews

I thought it would be a great idea to use this page to review any and all books you have read at home. In the comment box below just put the book title, a short blurb, then a review 4/5 sentences long explaining why you did or did not enjoy the book, a star rating out of 5 and finally your name. This way we get to share all our favourite stories and hopefully find some new favourites. Either way, we get to share our love of books and stories.

Example:

A Monster Calls

A young boy named Conor struggles to come to terms with a difficult situation involving his Mum. For help, he calls on the help of a Monster.

This is a beautiful book and story which explores love and loss. It is a difficult and sad tale to read but also an important and incredible look at how crucial it is to embrace change and loss rather than hide away from it. I cried twice whilst reading the book and for me that’s the biggest compliment  I can give, it made me feel. Whenever I pick up a book I want it to make me feel something and this book made me feel upset  as well as hopeful, joyous, all at once which isn’t easy to do and why it is my favourite book of all time.

5 stars *****

Mr Hughes

5 thoughts on “BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS”

1. Captain Falsebeard and the wild goose chase.

Captain Falsebeard and his enemy Admiral Swinetoes play tricks on each other and try to beat each other to treasure. They are pirates!

This is a good and funny book and I really enjoy reading this book. My favourite character is Captain Falsebeard because he is good at coming up with plans to beat his arch enemy!

5 stars.

Noah Fraser

2. ‘The Iron Man’ by Ted Hughes is a book I have read which I enjoyed. It is about a massive metal man who comes to Earth from Space. At first humans are scared of him but this soon changes because of a brave boy called Hogarth. My favourite part of the book is Hogarth because he cared about the Iron Man. I would give this book 100,000 stars. I would recommend this books to kids and grown-ups because it is exciting, scary and interesting.

3. The 91 storey treehouse by andy griffiths and terry denton

This book is about 2 boys that live in a tree. This book is funny because it has a sandwich submarine in it. I liked this book because of the sandwich submarine and the funny pictures. I would recommend it.