As part of Moray Council’s Improvement and Modernisation Programme we are introducing a “Parents Portal”, this is designed to reduce paper and give parents/carers online access to a range of school-related services. At the heart of the system is a secure online account through mygov.scot, which is known as ‘My Account’ and is already used in all Moray schools to enable parents to make online payments.
Parents Portal will allow you to:-
- report your child’s absence
- view the school calendar
- view your child’s class timetable (for pupils in secondary school)
- view your child’s attendance
- complete permission slips and consent forms
- update your own as well as your child’s details at any time
- access Parent Zone, an information area
- access online school payments (iPayImpact)
This is an exciting first phase of a new initiative. New services are being introduced gradually and will include a parents evening booking system.
For a smooth registration to the Parents Portal a few checks are required. The details below need to be the exact same as the schools.
- Your child’s forename and surname. A common error is the parent is registering with their child’s forename, middle name and surname and the school only have the child’s forename and surname, or vice versa.
- Parents mobile number and email address.
You also need to use the same details you used when signing up for your my ‘My Account’.
For further information, guidance and access to parentsportal.scot, please click on the link below:-
On signing up to the portal, you will be able to link to your child and access the services that are currently available. Please note this service is only available to Primary and Secondary children.