Due to the current restrictions in place this year in relation to COVID19, all nursery applications for local/private nurseries in Moray must be completed online on Moray Council’s website at https://online.moray.gov.uk/site/wss/request/elcreg
To apply online, you will need the following information:
- Address and contact details for all parents/carers, including postcode
- Birth certificate (saved as a jpg, png, pdf or zip) – a scan or a photograph will suffice – please make sure that the details are clearly readable on the scan/photograph you provide.
- Proof of main residence (saved as a jpg, png, pdf or zip) A valid driving licence, tax credit statements, council tax bill, utilities bill dated within 3 months of your application date (January 2021), MOD 1132, signed missives if moving into new property. *please note that we cannot accept bank/credit card statements
- Emergency contacts details
- Medical conditions (eg. allergies) and any medication taken
- Doctors surgery details
Linkwood Nursery – Enrolment Information
The new Linkwood Primary School will have a local authority nursery attached to it for 3, 4 and eligible 2 year olds. Registration for children starting in August 2021, January 2022 and April 2022 will take place between 18th and 29th January 2021.
A funded early learning and childcare place is a maximum of 1140 hours per year. For Linkwood Nursery, the number of hours this equates to a week would depend if your child will be attending:
- 46 weeks per year – 25 hours per week
- 50 weeks per year – 23.75 hours per week
You also have the option to split the allocation of funded hours your child receives across more than one nursery establishment (e.g. 2 full days at Nursery A, and 2 mornings at Nursery B), or to use some, or all of your allocated hours with a Childminder registered with Moray Council.
- If you are registering for a split placement – using two different nurseries, or a childminder for some of your hours, you will need to complete two registration forms. Please note your intention for a split placement on the ‘Declaration’ page of this form.
|Eligibility for the school nursery session 2021/22|
|A child whose date of birth is between||Will be eligible for a funded place from||Type of Place:|
|17 August 2016 and 28 February 2017||17 August 2021||Deferred Entry|
|1 March 2017 and 28 February 2018||17 August 2021||Pre-School|
|1 March 2018 and 31 August 2018||17 August 2021||Ante Pre-School|
|1 September 2018 and 31 December 2018||10 January 2022||Ante Pre-School|
|1 January 2019 and 28 February 2019||18 April 2022||Ante Pre-School|
When offering funded early learning and childcare places, nurseries use the following criteria:
- Existing attendance at the nursery
- Those resident in the secondary catchment area, and with a sibling at the nursery
- Those resident in the secondary catchment area
- Children with a Co-ordinated Support Plan (CSP), and/or subject to assessment by the Education Authority
- Those residing out with the secondary catchment area, and with a sibling at the nursery
- Those residing out with the secondary catchment area
Priority within any of the 6 categories above, where it is necessary to be determined, will be given to older children first and then to those resident closest to the requested provision (distance being calculated by the straight line method).After you have registered you can expect to receive a letter confirming your place as follows:
|Eligible start date||Allocation letters sent out|
Please note you will not receive a letter if your first choice is full. You will automatically be contacted by the nursery or childminder that you listed as your next choice.
If all of your choices are full, you will be contacted by the Moray Council Early Years team to discuss alternatives.
Sessions Timetable – Up to 1140 hours per year
|Session||46 weeks (25 hrs p/w)||50 weeks (23.75 hrs p/w)|
|AM Session||5 hours session||4.75 hours session|
|PM Session||5 hours session||4.75 hours session|
|Full Day||10 hours session||9.5 hours session|
There are three choices available – morning, afternoon and full day. There will be some flexibility around drop off and pick up times.
When registering please choose the session that meets your needs on each day up to a maximum of the hours you are entitled to. For example – 5 morning sessions, or 3 morning and 2 afternoon sessions, or 2 full days and one morning session etc.