EAL- English as an Additional Language
What Are the Aims of the EAL Service?
- To provide English language support across the curriculum for bilingual pupils.
- To support teachers of bilingual pupils and liaise with other agencies who may also be involved.
- To promote the welfare of these children and their families in school and in the community.
- To ensure equality of opportunity and access to the mainstream curriculum.
- To work in partnership with schools and families to promote effective home/school communication.
- To raise awareness of the linguistic, cultural and religious background of EAL pupils.