Term 2

Welcome back to school after the October holidays. The refurbishment of Millbank continues. You will have noticed that the Bothy is now clad and the external wall clad  matches our school colours. The modular classrooms are still being worked on and hopefully will be operational later this term. Phase 2 of the building work will commence once we have moved into the bothy and 4 classes have moved into the modular classrooms. I will update about this once we have moving dates.

At a recent parent council meeting there was a discussion around school trips for children. I thought that you would welcome some clarity around this . Our aim as a school would be if appropriate to facilitate 1 external learning experience each year for each pupil. to enable this to happen we ask for a contribution from parents and additional funding from the parent council. we don’t have money in the school budget to hire buses etc. Because of this your support for fundraising is vitally important. We are also continually evaluating the impact on these excursions on children’s learning  as I am sure it is great to go out of school but at the end of the day is the cost justified.

If parents or carers have suggestions or ideas for fundraising or improvements to our school please make them through the parent council.