Happy New Year

Happy New Year from the new Bothy. The children (and staff) are settling in wonderfully to our new building.

This term, I will be working with my group in developing a Growth Mindset and encouraging a “can do” attitude. I will also be working with some children on Autism Awareness in preparation for World Autism Awareness Day which is on April 2.

Over the past week we have been working on setting individual targets for the term.

It’s started!

We have been watching the builders working since we came back at the start of term and today Mrs Ramsay and I got the opportunity to go across and have a look at the work so far. Unfortunately it won’t be possible to take the children over but hopefully we will be able to take photos as work progresses.

Walls have come down to make larger rooms
A bit more work to go yet
A bit more work to go yet
Mrs Ramsay is looking forward to the new building
Work in progress
Work in progress

The building looks bigger than before
The building looks bigger than before
Hard to imagine that this will be our soft play room

Welcome Back

The children are settling back into the routines of school and are enjoying watching “The Bothy” take shape in the old nursery building. We haven’t been allowed to visit yet but we’ve been able to see the builders being very busy from the classroom window.

Room 3 Open afternoon

Thank you so much to all the parents who came along to our Room 3 open afternoon. We know that time was short and we weren’t able to answer all your questions, especially about the refurbishment but we hope we hope it was a worthwhile visit for you.

I have added some pictures of the old nursery building under “Refurb News”. I will try and get across again before the holidays to keep you updated on progress. The children were all very excited to visit and we have started to explain to them that things will be changing after the holidays. Mrs Ramsay and I have already spoken together about things we can do to help ease the transition and we will welcome any ideas you may have.

Visiting the old nursery building

We took the children over to see that the nursery building is now empty and ready to start becoming the new enhanced provision for Millbank. They were all excited to visit and some tried to imagine what it will be like after the summer. We will keep you posted.

Having a good look around.
Having a good look around.
Happy explorers.
Happy explorers.
Some younger explorers
Some younger explorers
102_1299
Into every room
Into every room
Eager to try the outdoor space.
Eager to try the outdoor space.
Trying to imagine our new building.
Trying to imagine our new building.
Very excited!
Very excited!
5 june 008
Hard to imagine the transformation that is about to start.