Science Week

This week in school we have been doing some fun science experiments. Below are some recounts of them.

Boats

By Anna Grant P3

This week is Science week for Inveravon Primary School and we did a lot of experiments and I’m going to tell you one that we have done.  My favourite one was the boat experiment. We had to use washing up liquid, a paper boat and a tub of water. We put the fairy liquid on the back of the boat. It zoomed forward. We had to keep on tipping out the water because sometimes it didn’t work. At the beginning I thought it would flip over when you put the washing up liquid on, but it didn’t flip over it zoomed forward.

Mrs Smith helped us do the experiment and I enjoyed it very much because the boat moved by itself and it was like a real boat.

Gloop

By Olivia Robinson P3

On Monday we made gloop. To make it we used water and cornflour. I made the gloop with Zander. It was really sticky and fun to make. When I pressed the gloop it went hard and whenI let it go it went wet and runny. When we left it overnight the gloop went hard. When we picked up the broken bits and crumbled them up they turned back into a powder. I learned that when you add water to cornflour it goes all sticky. I thought it would stay gloopy and it was really fun to make because we got to make a mess and I like to make a mess.

We did the experiment because it is Science Week! I learned that Science isn’t all about blowing things up.

The Magic Water

By Aaron Rogers P1

The experiment was to see how many spoonfuls of sugar would disapear in the water.

First we put cold water into a glass.

Then we added a spoonful of sugar then stirred it in until the sugar was gone.

We had to keep doing it until the sugar would not go .