- Know they are valued and will be supported to become a successful learner, an effective contributor, a confident individual and a responsible citizen;
- Experience a traditionally broad Scottish curriculum that develops skills for learning, skills for life and skills for work, with a sustained focus on literacy and numeracy that encourages an active, healthy and environmentally sustainable lifestyle and builds an appreciation of Scotland and its place in the world.
The experiences and outcomes under Curriculum for Excellence are written at five levels, with progression to qualifications described under the senior phase:
- Early level – the pre-school years and P1 or later for some
- First level – to the end of P4, but earlier for some
- Second level – to the end of P7, but earlier for some
- Third and Fourth – S1 to S3, but earlier for some
- Senior phase – S4-S6 and college or other means of study.