What the SQA say;
The course provides opportunities for candidates to initiate and develop their own ideas graphically. It allows them to develop skills in reading and interpreting graphics produced by others. Candidates continue to develop graphic awareness, often in complex graphic situations, expanding their visual literacy.
The course is practical, exploratory and experiential in nature. It combines elements of creativity and communicating for visual impact with elements of protocol and an appreciation of the importance of graphic communication standards.
- skills in graphic communication techniques, including the use of equipment, graphic materials and software
- creativity in the production of graphic communications to produce visual impact in meeting a specified purpose
- skills in evaluating the effectiveness of graphics in communicating and meeting their purpose
- an understanding of graphic communication standards, protocols and conventions, where these apply
- an understanding of the impact of graphic communication technologies on our environment and society
What our staff say;
What our pupils say;