What the SQA say;
Graphic communication brings together aspects of technology, engineering, design, creativity, language and communication. This course encourages candidates to exercise imagination, creativity and logical thinking as they explore graphic communication in realistic, contemporary, contexts.
The course develops candidates’ skills in communicating using graphic media, and in interpreting, understanding and critically evaluating graphic media created by others.
The course enables candidates to:
- investigate, research and evaluate the commercial contexts of graphic communication
- understand the impact of advanced graphic communication technologies and activities on our environment and society
- apply graphic communication design principles and techniques in various commercial contexts
- use software applications to produce creative, meaningful and effective graphic items and solutions to contextualised problems and challenges
- creatively apply graphic presentation work and animation techniques in commercial activities
- learn and think independently
What our staff say;
What our pupils say;