Science Goals

Personally, I feel that I need to refresh myself with the science topics tackled in Primary School. Therefore, I have created some SMART targets to complete before placement to ensure that I feel confident while teaching science on my placement.

S – Specific

To refresh my memory on the water cycle. To learn in depth the different stages of the cycle so that I feel comfortable when teaching this to the upper stages as I understand that challenging questions may be asked especially as the children will be curious.

M – Measurable

I want to be able to explain all stages of the water cycle in depth.

A – Achievable

This is something which I feel that I can achieve as it is something that children on my placement may be learning.

R – Relevant

This is relevant because it is part of the curriculum it is in the Plant Earth, Processes of the Earth section of Science Experiences and Outcome (Scottish Government, 2009) My placement is with Primary 7 so they should be able to :

“Apply my knowledge of how water changes state to help me understand the processes involved in the water cycle in nature over time” (Scottish Government (2009) p. 263)

T – Timely

I aim to achieve this goal by placement

Reference

Scottish Government (2009) Curriculum for Excellence, Experiences and outcomes for all curriculum areas

Available at: http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/Images/all_experiences_outcomes_tcm4-539562.pdf