Why do i want to be a teacher?

I believe that being a teacher is more than just a job, it is also a vital part to society. I want to be a teacher as I want to help make a difference to the lives of many children and their families by giving them as much support and help as I possibly can. Many of my inspiring teachers helped shape me into the person I am today and I want to do the same to improve all children’s lives and prospects. I want to help improve the life chances of children from all backgrounds and do everything I can to help narrow the attainment gap. I want to give them all the same opportunities in school, consequently helping to give them the best possible start in life and preparing them for a successful future. I have always thought that teaching would be a very rewarding career path, in which I would feel great satisfaction in knowing that I had helped create a positive impact onto a child’s life. For example, witnessing them improve on their learning and flourish as individuals is a part of the job that I will absolutely love. Throughout my work experience I have had, I witnessed a massive progression in pupils learning and development and by seeing this happen, it attracted me to the role even more. Above all, I want to contribute in helping children reach their full potential, and the role of a teacher is perfect to fulfil this.