Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence
 Take risks  ✔
 Organise and plan  ✔
Manage Time  ✔
 Make presentations  ✔
 Act as a leader  ✔
 Listen to others  ✔
 Debate formally and informally  ✔
 Take notes  ✔

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Write for academic purposes  i will use this to help me complete reports and essays for my modules
  Organise and plan  i will use this skill to keep track of what assessment and assignments for different modules and also in the future to help me organise classes and stay on top of marking and other work.
 Act as a leader  I will use this in managing group tasks with others in my course and in a work setting when taking groups of children for tasks.
 Listen to others  I will use this skill to help me effectively take in information to expand my knowledge and use it to get to know the children I work with to gain a better relationship with them.
 Team Work  I will use this skill to to successfully complete group task when needed.
 good communication  I will use this to effectively contribute in group tasks to I am able to get my view across.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
 self confidence  I will gain this by doing more things out my comfort zone to gain more confidence in my abilities and self.
 Take notes  I will gain this skill by practicing writing faster and narrowing down what are the key points are instead of trying to take down everything.
 Make presentations  I will develop this by being more open minded and more creates in how to present information by adding more colours and pictures that relates to the topics.
 Manage Time  plan ahead and make sure I know when everything meant for, so I am able to prepare before it  and not leave it to late.
 staying positive  I will gain by taking a minute to think about the situation and not jump straight to negative
 patience  I will get this by trying to take a step back in difficult situation before jumping in.