I want to be a teacher because…

I have always gravitated to caring projects and I also thrive from helping other people learn and grow. Throughout school I Helped my mum coach badminton to others in my primary school. Although Badminton was not my favourite sport, this was my favourite time of the week as i could help others improve their game. I became a prefect in school with my main goal being to protect vulnerable students from bullying which I had faced in the early years of secondary school. This again is my way of utalising a role to help others and push their development. In 6th year I chose to spend 2 days a week in my local primary school taking up a assistant teachers role which allowed me to develop a close relationship with many of the students and heloping them to improve there skills. After school I take a year out after school to travel to India to teach young people English and computing for a year. This appealed to me as I would be able to bring my knowledge and some resources from a privileged education to those whose access to this level of learning is very limited. I learnt a lifetime of lessons in India which only drove me more to become a primary teacher and the best one I could at that. Through my past, I have gathered a wealth of knowledge which I will untilise on my journey to become a teacher and throughout my career which I am greatly looking forward to.

Welcome to your WordPress eportfolio

Welcome to your ePortfolio. This is where you will document and share your professional thoughts and experiences over the course of your study at the University of Dundee and beyond that when you begin teaching. You have the control over what you want to make public and what you would rather keep on a password protected page.

The ePortfolio in the form of this WordPress blog allows you to pull in material from other digital sources:

You can pull in a YouTube video:

You can pull in a Soundcloud audio track:

You can upload an image or pull one in from Flickr or any other image sharing site.

Teacher, Lorraine Lapthorne conducts her class in the Grade Two room at the Drouin State School, Drouin, Victoria

You can just about pull in anything that you think will add substance and depth to your writing.