Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence  x
 Take risks  x
 Organise and plan x
Manage Time  x
 Make presentations  x
 Act as a leader  x
 Listen to others  x
 Debate formally and informally  x
 Take notes  x

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Make presentations  To help me convey what I am saying to others who need the information I have had done public speaking in school as I was in the head team. In addition to that I got a A in admin so I know how to make a presentation
 Listen to others To communicate with other you need to listen to their thoughts and views. I work successfully with others make sure everyone’s opinions are heard by including everyone.
Self-confidence  By being self-confident you are able to be sure off yourself in everyday tasks. I will feel ready completely sure of myself when presenting and talking to others, and putting myself in hard decisions.
 Take risks When taking a risk to not be afraid off ours views and to share my own thoughts and views. In addition to that in projects to make better choice.  I know that when I take the risks that things will work in my favour.
 Mange Time When managing time is being able to priorities tasks. I was able to mange my time when doing my exams and a part time job.
 Act as a leader  I need to act as a leader in group situations to make sure what needs to be done will be done.  By making sure that my voice is heard.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
Organise and plan Following a detailed diary and to do list  My life will feel more organise and planed
 Take notes  Finding a effective way to take notes I will have more detailed and clear notes to read
  Debate formally and informally  Go to a debate club and debate with others I will feel more confident and sure off myself.