Creative Scotland recently announced the launch of the Scottish Government’s £10million Youth Music Investment (YMI) programme for 2012/13.
The YMI programme intends to:
- Create access to high quality music making opportunities for young people aged 0 – 25, particularly for those that would not normally have the chance to participate;
- Enable young people to achieve their potential in or through music making;
- Support the development of the youth music sector for the benefit of young people.
There are 3 investment programmes available for organisations and individuals to apply for investment:
1. School based music making (invited applications from Local Authorities);
2. Access to music making;
3. Strengthening youth music .
For all the information on the investment routes and for details on how to apply please visit here.