Education Scotland has recently published a practical guide to support the development of the key messages surrounding Building the Curriculum 4: Skills for Learning, Life and Work. It will provide teachers and other practitioners with support to help them ensure that skills development is an integral part of learning throughout the Broad General Education stage of Curriculum for Excellence.
- Examples of innovative practice from a variety of educational establishments
- Short film clips providing practitioner, employer, parent and learner perspectives on skills
- Downloadable CPD activities to support practitioners to reflect and develop their practice
- A focus on developing thinking skills with activities and film insights with Keir Bloomer (Chair of the Higher Order Skills Excellence Group)
- Activities exploring planning and progression in skills through the Experiences and Outcomes
- Links to a range of GLOW resources including Watch Again GLOW Meets
Find the Skills in Practice resource here on the Education Scotland website: