Microsoft Teams and Google Classroom but have Assignment functions built in. Assignments should be used when setting learning activities as they allow the educator to share, and the learner to access, everything they need in one place.
Within Assignments, on both platforms, there is:
- Instructions – perfect place to explain learning intentions and success criteria, as well as instructions
- Materials – you can add web links, videos, documents (O365 and G Suite)
- Rubrics – excellent for making success criteria and feedback clear and transparent for learners
- Scheduling – time and date to be set and completed
- Pupils – whole class or individuals only