Reflective Questions

Group and leadership Was there a group leader? I would say that we all took equal roles and worked together to create our den.  How was this chosen?  We all adapted and naturally ended up working together. If informal, how did you know?  What were the actions that marked them as a leader? How did … Continue reading Reflective Questions

• Group and leadership
    • Was there a group leader? I would say that we all took equal roles and worked together to create our den.
    •  How was this chosen?  We all adapted and naturally ended up working together.
    • If informal, how did you know?  What were the actions that marked them as a leader?
    • How did this impact on the rest of the group e.g. was there some underlying resentment/ did anyone feel excluded? I don’t think so as we all had equal leadership roles.
    • What was most challenging for you about working in this group? (personal reflection)  I think working with new people I hadn’t worked with before was slightly difficult at first but I adapted quite easily and came out of my shell fast.
  • Explaining
    • How clearly did you think the group explained to you? I think there was good explanations throughout, I didn’t struggle to understand anything.
    • What made this clear or unclear?
    • What stage of the 5Ps might have been missed out? I think our Presentation was missed out as we didn’t really discuss with other groups how our den was built and how we built it, even though we had planned accordingly.
  • Environment
    • What was the impact of the environment on your communication? We mainly used our environment, we used minimal man made elements and used mainly trees and branches along with other natural materials.
    • What changes did you make when explaining to others that you might not have considered in a typical classroom? We were more informal.
    • How challenging was it so speak above the sounds in the environment?  How can we make this communication easier on both speaker and listener? We didn’t struggle as we built our den in an enclosed area, out the way of the other groups, so it was relatively quiet.
    • When listening, did the environment distract you? How can we overcome this? No, because it wasn’t very windy or loud outside.
  • Negotiation
    • Were your negotiations successful?  Why/Why not? They weren’t successful as only 2 of us went to negotiate and got distracted by the other groups dens.
    • What was most challenging about these? Our negotiation skills could have definitely been improved.