STEM Blog

I’m a Scientist – British Science Week Enrichment Event

I'm a scientist

I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here is an event that gets students talking to scientists online. It’s free for UK schools, and all you need is an internet connection for your students. It’s running this March (9th–20th) to get your classroom buzzing during British Science Week.

Apply now to take part

I’m a Scientist is an online X-Factor style competition for scientists, where students are the judges!

For two weeks this March, your students will be able to ask questions to, and take part in live text-based chats with real scientists. Students vote for their favourite scientist to win £500 to spend on further STEM engagement.

The event is simple to organise as all the materials needed are provided, including suggested lesson plans. Students see that scientists are normal people, learn how science lessons relate to real life, and become more enthused about science.

Students ASK questions on absolutely anything! Scientists aim to answer the same day.

Have live text-based chats for instant answers to the students’ questions.

Students are the judges! Voting to keep their favourite scientist in the competition.

Between the 9th and 20th March we’re running 14 different themed zones to get students interacting with scientists on everything from Genes to Particle Physics. There are also General Science Zones where students will be able to ask questions to scientists in a wide range of research areas, and zones specially for primary schools.

You can find the full list of zones here.

If you fancy giving it a go, simply fill in this survey telling us which zones and how many classes you would like to take part with.