Wyndford Nursery

Welcome to Wyndford Nursery

Hello there

It’s lovely to see you. We are all really looking forward to meeting you… and your family.

Would you like to have a wee peek inside our nursery?

Now remember, there are no boys and girls here just now. They are all at home with their families- just like you are.

Come on, let’s see what we can find…

This is our Welcome Area where you’ll meet all of your friends each day. The grown-ups like to chat here too and there’s always lots of big cuddles happening in this space. You will have a special peg to hang your coat on with a very special photograph… of YOU! There’s a wee space at the top for you to keep the things that are really special to you.

If we go round here…I wonder what we’ll find- och yes- it’s Block Play.

The boys and girls spend lots of time building with blocks and boxes in this space. They build cars and bridges and even cities! They love to explore how to join things together- with tape and string.

Over here is where we cosy up and have stories together.

Sometimes we read stories from books…other times we tell stories using puppets. Some children also like to go into the story wardrobe… to find things so that we can make up our own stories …maybe a suitcase, or a shiny box, or a magic stone… Some boys and girls like to tell stories on the telephone, or tell stories when we sing. We really like to sing at nursery. What’s your favourite song to sing?

If we look up… and outside the window… there’s trees to climb, mud pies to make, things to build with and lots of space to have fun in!

If we go back inside I can show you where the toilets are.

Here they are…just a perfect size for you… and little sinks to wash your hands. You’ll be really good at washing your hands by now- that’s really important, isn’t it.

Because we ‘ve just washed our hands, maybe I should show you where you can have a wee rest and a snack.

There’s always lovely things for you to eat and you can have a nice chat with your friends too, or look out of the window.

Round here…oh! It’s my favourite…it’s the clay!

The boys and girls like to sit here and squeeze the clay in between their fingers. Sometimes they make shapes or make models. It’s really great fun. It’s best to wear your play clothes when you come to nursery because it can get a bit messy when we are all busy learning with our learning, can’t it.

I wonder where your favourite place to play will be?

I better let you get back to playing at home with your family just now.

But don’t worry, we’ll all be here waiting for you when it’s time to come to nursery.

I hope you enjoyed having a wee look. Bye, bye for now.