Wyndford Nursery

Welcome to our community

I would like to extend a warm welcome to your child and family, as you join the community of Wyndford Nursery.  Some of the families you will meet, like myself, have only recently become part of this community. Other families and some members of staff have been associated with Wyndford Nursery for many years. Irrespective of cultural background or language or length of involvement, we aim to ensure that you will very quickly feel a sense of belonging within this community and that you will play your part to ensure its continued success. It is my earnest hope that all of us will work together to provide a rich foundation for our children’s future education, based on high quality learning experiences and opportunities. This will ensure that our children are able to realise their full potential and that this will have a positive impact on the local and wider community. This recognises the national expectation, ‘Getting it Right for Every Child!’ It is fundamental that we begin by getting better at recognising the holistic needs of the family unit, working in collaboration with our colleagues within the community and beyond.  Instilling a sense of urgency within collegiate partnerships will ensure a positive impact in the lives of our children, resulting in an improved sense of family wellbeing – effectively ‘joining the dots’ with families.

I am confident that we can realise all that we set out to achieve if our work is built on open communication, trust, mutual respect and positive relationships which keep children and families at the centre of all that we do.

The Staff Team and I will strive to ensure that we provide the same standard of care which we would expect for our own children and grandchildren.

I hope your time with us at Wyndford Nursery will be very happy and productive.

Warmest regards,

Mary Pat Mac Connell, Head of Nursery