KSS Humanities and Citizenship

Faculty "vision" …

WW1 – Mitchell Library Visit

The Impact of the Great War falls under our Scottish studies and allows pupils to investigate what life was like for those in Scotland during World War One. Pupils must learning about the political, social and economic impact caused by the war and to aid with this, we visited several different workshops organised by WW100. As part of these workshops we handled artefacts, a great way to learn from history, we used sources and discussed the different experiences of men, women and children.

David said “I really enjoyed the Mitchell library experience especially learning about how people lived, worked and went through on a daily basis it was a truly great and interesting experience.

My favourite part of the trip was learning how women had to do they part in the war by chopping wood and getting an experience on cutting a log of wood. I also enjoyed seeing all the medals the British soldiers and Germans received after the war epically the ones for overall Bravery.”

An informative day with lots of hands-on experience!

20161116_101723