Home Learning – Thursday 23rd April

Hello everyone,

It was lovely to talk to some of you on the phone yesterday and hear that you are all doing well and keeping up with the blog.

Here are today’s learning tasks:

Task 1:

For many of you, Ramadan will start tonight.  It is a time where friends and family would usually meet and break fast together and you might start to really miss getting to see and hug your close friends and family during this holy time.  So, I though it would be nice to make a hug that you can send to people you miss.  You can make as many of these as you like 🙂

All you need is some paper and pens to decorate.  I used fabric to make the “arms” and paper to make the hands and heart but you can make the whole thing from paper if you don’t have any spare fabric. If you do have some fabric and want to try sewing go for it! You can write a message on the back of the hands to add something really special.

Task 2:

Listen to the next chapter of George’s Marvellous Medicine:

Use your visualising skills and see if you can be the illustrator and draw a scene from this chapter.  Make sure it is beautifully coloured in and then label it with evidence from the text. You might need to listen to it a few times to make sure you can really visualise what is happening.

Task 3:

See if you can make a board game about mental maths. Play test it with your family and blog the results.  Then log onto Sumdog for at least 20 minutes.

Please remember to comment what you are doing.  If you want to send pictures of your work you can email them to me  at the address below so I can share your work with the class:

gw19pattiealexis@glow.ea.glasgow.sch.uk

Lastly, your teachers at St Albert’s miss you so much we thought we would make a wee exercise video for you…enjoy!

Mrs Pattie 🙂

5 thoughts on “Home Learning – Thursday 23rd April”

1. Hi Mrs Pattie I have done task two but I’m doing task three now but I cannot do task one because I have none paper or fabric

1. Ok Sofia, that’s great. If you need paper and things for learning please let me know 🙂
      Mrs Pattie

1. I dropped a Learning Pack off to your house today. You can use the paper in the jotter. If you need more just let me know 🙂