Today’s learning tasks

Hi boys and girls,

Today would have been the day our class went on our trip to New Lanark Mills to learn about how Robert Owen improved the lives of his workers in the cotton mills. I chose this as our trip because I wanted to show you the difference between the lives of the enslaved people in the plantations in America and the much better lives that workers at New Lanark had thanks to Robert Owen.

Today’s task is to do some online research on this subject. Here are some questions I would like you to find the answers to.

Who was Robert Owen?

Where and When was he born?

What did he do for his job?

In what ways did he make life better for his mill workers?

What did he do after he sold New Lanark?

In what ways were the lives of mill workers at New Lanark far better than those of enslaved people on the plantations in America at that time?

Here are some sources of information for you to look at:

cfe-first-level-new-lanark-fact-sheetpdf

cfenew-lanark-significant-person-robert-owen-fact-file

Miss Brooks

25 thoughts on “Today’s learning tasks”

1. I made a boat out of Lego and it floated on the water!
    I took a picture but I don’t know your email to send it to you, can you please tell me your email

1. Hi again Tayiba. I would love to see it. Send a picture to gw11brooksantonia01@glow. sch.uk

1. Ok I also made my anitials on the ground and started to make a symmetrical square but it blew away so I didn’t take a picture

2. Same it stayed in the water 💦 for like 24 hours it didn’t even break and next morning musa broke it ahhh

2. Sorry miss Pattie but my mum doesn’t have Facebook but I will email it to Miss Brooks 😀

1. Great, I’ll get Miss Brooks to post it on the blog so we can all see it. Hope you are all doing OK!

3. By the way Miss I finished the Robert Owen questions.
    Did u get the photo I emailed you?

4. Hi there miss brooks and miss pattie I finshed robert owens questions thanks a lot for giving us lot of work in a nice way because nearly everyday I stell the ipad of my baby brother when he is about to go to sleep I read what we have to do having fun everyone on Aprils fool day I am 😂

5. Hi mis brooks and mis pattie I finshed the Roberts Owens questions there i done everything on the school blogs I steell my brothers ipad when going for a nap 😴 I read what you both put on the blogs having fun on Aprils fools day I am

1. Glad you’re having fun! Remembering to have fun when times are a little different is really important.
      I miss you all lots!

6. Hi miss pattie hope everyone in your family is ok we heard that you were of because your family is ill do the have crona