Week beginning 31/08/20

Hello again, lovely to see you again!  Although the past week or so has been one that has changed on a daily basis I’m still amazed by the resilience and positive attitude of everyone in P6.  Huge credit is due to every last one!

Some important information.

1.  PE will be on Monday afternoons and Thursday mornings.  For the foreseeable future ALL PE will be outdoors, this falls in line with Public Health recommendations on physical activity involving large numbers.
  2. In order to maximise the comfort and safety of your children it is recommended they bring outdoor shoes and waterproofs each day.  This will ensure all possible opportunities for Outdoor Learning can take place in any weather (and we all know Scotland is renowned for “any weather!)
  3. P6 will be getting their own Microsoft  Teams Login details soon.  Microsoft Teams will is a secure online forum whereby homework, assignments and feedback can be given.  I’ll give more info soon.

Last week we focussed on 5 digit numbers, rounding, estimation and place value in numeracy.  We practiced our number lines outdoors. Our topic for Guided Reading was Greece.

Here are some photos from last week’s fun.

I learned an important lesson last week, white boards and white board pens don’t work in the rain.  I’ll need to have a rethink for the next time…..