Day 27 – June? What? Already??

Good morning everyone, I hope you made the most of the fantastic weather we had over the weekend.  I honestly can’t believe that today is the 1st June.  May seemed to be such a quick month.  It’s the start of a new week so some more activities for you to try.

Task 1: Numeracy:  the 10 times table.  I know most of you will find the 10 times table easy but this is a revision of what  you already know.  There are 4 activities to try.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zk89d6f

Task 2: Literacy:  News:  Tell me about Your news reporter over the past week or so.  Remember challenge yourself with interesting words and amazing adjectives.  Here is my news:

Last week I was out walking my family.  The sun was shining brightly and it was the perfect day for a visit to the woods.  However, my amazing day shattered when I heard a thump and a cry behind me.  I turned round to see that Sam had fallen over a rock and broke his arm!  He was in absolute agony.  I picked him and carried him back to the car.  I drove him straight to the hospital.  Sam was a bit scared but he was also very brave.  I think bravery is doing something even though you are scared.  The doctors and nurses were very kind and took Sam to get an X-ray.  Sam loved seeing his x-ray picture and the break in his arm.  He then got to choose the colour of his cast for his arm, he chose a really cool camouflage design.  When we got back home Owen gave him a big and asked “Are you ok, Sam?  I was worried about you.”  Sam showed Owen his cast and they both laughed.

Task 3:  Reading:  listen to Miss Graham reading the first part of Roald Dahl’s classic book “The Twits”.

5 thoughts on “Day 27 – June? What? Already??”

1. Hi Haadiya, how are you and your family? Sam is managing to cope with his broken arm pretty well. He’ll just need to look out for rocks in the future! Just like you he loves being outdoors and rummaging around looking for worms and wee beasties! Can’t really do that with a cast on.

1. Hi Carene, Sam is absolutely fine, thanks for asking. He’s secretly delighted he gets to wear a cool arm cast. Mind you he’s not too happy there’s no bikes, scooters or skateboards for a few weeks.