Day 25 – keep that sun shining, P3

Good morning P3, hope you had a lovely day yesterday.   Thankfully the weather is looking amazing for the next few days so get outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Today I’m going to do another YouTube Live reading at 2.30pm on the St Albert’s YouTube channel.  From last week, Rida requested “The Tiger Who Came to Tea” and Haadiya requested a story about cats so I have chosen the Fairy Tale of “Puss in Boots”.

Hope you can all make it.  Remember to post your comments during my reading, it’s great to read them all out!

Task 1:  watch this film made for the new P1’s who will be starting St Albert’s in August.  It’s great to see so many of the pupils in the film and reminds me of good times.  After watching the video, what advice would you give to a brand new P1?  Think about when you first started at school, how did you?  What scared you?  What made you feel excited?

Task 2:  Science:  Thinking back to yesterday’s film about the Secret Garden it was lovely to see so many tadpoles in the pond.  Hopefully in a few weeks they will have grown into frogs.  Have a look at this video on Life Cycles, pay particular attention to the frog part!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/science-ks1-animal-life-cycles/zrg9kmn

Task 3:  Science:  complete the attached frog life cycle sheet.  If you can’t print it off, try and draw then write about the life cycle.

Here’s a picture created by Wael from yesterday’s task.  He has drawn what he thinks the pond in the secret garden will look like in 3 weeks time.  It’ll be great to see if he’s right!