πŸ₯³Happy Last Day of Term! 🎈

πŸ₯³Happy Last day of Term P1!! 🎈

Watch this video!

You have been the best class EVER! I am so so proud of each and every one of you. Thank you for making me smile, making me laugh, giving me the BEST cuddles, teaching me things and giving me the privilege of watching you grow.

I am so sad I cannot say goodbye to you in person today – but I am also SO excited to see you in your new P2 classes in August.

I love you all very very much and I hope you have a really fun summer – get to the park, get out in the garden, have water fights, do roley poleys down the hill, make daisy chains and have picnics with your families.

Goodbye for now, but not forever!

Love Miss Bull!

πŸ˜˜πŸ›πŸ¦‹πŸŒπŸžπŸπŸ¦–πŸ³πŸ¦€πŸ¦•πŸ™πŸ‘πŸŠπŸ˜

Monster Tuesday! πŸ‰

Good morning everyone! πŸ‰

It’s been a bit soggy the last couple of days – i’m sure lots of you have been snuggled up inside doing lots of lovely activities.

But some creatures LOVE the rain… Remember when we read the story of the Loch Ness Monster? Well you never guess what happened this week? Someone thinks they saw him and they took a photo!

You can read the article and see the pictures here:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/loch-ness-monster-spotted-walker-22234256

What do you think? Do you think the photos are real? If they are, do you think it really was the monster or something different?

I want you to imagine that you were the person who saw the monster! Can you write a news paper article about seeing the monster? Remember to include:

– a drawing of what it looked like

– the date that you saw it

– a few sentences about where you were, what it looked like and how you felt/what you thought when you saw it!

I will be recording lots of stories for you to listen to over the holidays and will put them up on the YouTube channel.

Lots of love

Miss Bull

Thankful Thursdays!

Hello everyone!

It has been a little while since we did a Blog as I have been SO busy getting the school ready for when you come back in August! I have also been writing your reports and certificates and these will be ready for you to collect today from 10am – 11am. I am so looking forward to seeing you all and feeling very thankful today to have had the chance to teach you all this year – you are all AMAZING!

You might notice a few different things about the school too! I hope you like it!

Hopefully you have been getting on with the learning in your packs and having lots of fun just like we normally would at the end of term!

In case you need a few extra activities you could try using this grid over the next week – choose whatever activities you like! Click on the link to download or use the one below:

P1B home learning grid

See you later!

Sending you lots of Love!

Miss Bull

xxx

The LEGO challenge πŸ‘·β€β™€οΈπŸ—πŸš§

As you know, we are trying our best to keep safe and healthy by staying at home and socially distancing. It’s hard at times – because we miss our family and friends.

Lots of safety measures have been put in place to limit the germs spreading. β›‘πŸ§ͺπŸ”¬

Some people are wearing face masks, at the shops people have to queue at a 2 metre distance, we are only allowed to socialise with another household if we keep a 2 metre distance in local spaces.

Perhaps you could re-create some of these situations using your LEGO?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-52923751

I’m excited to see your creations and ideas!

Bonne chance (good luck in French πŸ‡«πŸ‡·), Buena Suerte (good luck in SpanishπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ).

x

Tuesday’s tasks!

Good afternoon lovely P1b πŸ‘‹

Myself and the other teachers at St Albert’s have been very busy lately! We are getting organised for you all returning to school in August. We have been cleaning and painting – and I must say – the school is looking really good!

If you are local to the school and fancy taking a walk past when getting out for some fresh air – I’m sure you will enjoy the splash of colour in the Infant playground! πŸŒˆπŸŽ¨πŸ–Œ

As teachers are now back in school I wanted to make sure there was a way I could continue to provide you with activities even when I’m not able to blog. I will post a grid this week with suggested tasks for you to work through at home!

Yesterday, 8th June, was World Ocean’s Day. 🌊🐑🎏🐠🐟🦈🎣

The 8th of June, every year,Β  is the day when people all over the worldΒ  celebrate and honour the oceans that connect us all. Here’s some links to websites with interesting clips and activities for you to watch and take part in!

• https://www.ourplanet.com/en/video/biome-tour-of-our-coastal-seas/
  • https://www.wwf.org.uk/learn/love-nature/coastal-seas
  • https://www.msc.org/for-teachers/teach-learn-about-ocean-sustainability/children-activities-under-8

Watch children’s author, Fiona Lumbers, reads her gorgeous book ‘Clem and Crab’ πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€ on Youtube;

Last week’s learning

Last week, we were learning about the life cycle of a butterfly. I couldn’t resist sharing this lovely Instagram page called ‘littlehappylearners’ which has lots of crafty posts and inspiration for you to try at home;

Hope you enjoy, and please do update me with your pictures and news! πŸ‘

Missing you lots,

Miss Bull

Thrill-seeking Thursday!

Good morning P1b!

Great to see you’re back at our class blog again for some more fun-filled activities!

The title of our blog today is ‘thrill-seeking Thursday’. I wonder if you have heard this phrase before – to be a “thrill-seeker”?

A thrill-seeker is a person who is keen to take part in exciting activities that involve physical risk and adventure.

Examples of thrill-seekers are;

• a person swimming with great white sharks in the Pacific coast
  • slack lining where you are balancing on tight ropes suspended between two trees (you could potentially set something like this up in your back gardens or a local park) with help from an adult!
  • going on rollercoaster rides like the one below at a theme park!

As you can see, kids can be thrill-seekers too!

Task: Watch this video clip about a young skier and see if you can work out if the statements below are True or False.

The Far out ones: Kai Jones;

Watch to 1:48

1. Kai first realised he liked skiing when he was about 2 years old. True or False?
  2. Kai’s Mum taught how to be safe in the mountains. True or False?
  3. The film is about a boy who loves skiing, mountain-biking, surfing and cross country running. True or False?

Tom Seipp: A mountain journal;

https://www.banff-uk.com/kids-collection-3-chx?wix-vod-video-id=80b7e30d1daf412089b3453c8b99b8c6&wix-vod-comp-id=comp-kazdbmig

Watch to 5:01.

1. Tom and his Dad ride a tandem bike (that means it is a bike for two people). True or False?
  2. One time in a competition, Tom ended up being sick during the course because he ate something “dodgy”. True or False?
  3. Tom says that there are certain sugary snacks and drinks that keep him going during a race, especially Coca-Cola. True or False?
  4. Tom never rides his bike during the night – he is very scared of the dark. True or False?

Mr Corrigan is going to be reading a couple of chapters from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the classic book written by Roald Dahl on Youtube at 2.30 today.

Hope that you and your family can join him and write him some comments. Here is the link to the channel;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDxV16gl4Bk

Since we have been looking at the beautiful transformation from caterpillars to butterflies this week – why don’t you give these fun Caterpillar-themed tasks a go!

T-N-572-The-Very-Hungry-Caterpillar-Addition-Sheet_ver_4

Have a lovely Thursday!

Miss Bull πŸ™‚

Terrific Tuesday!

Good afternoon Primary 1b!

I hope you had a good night’s sleep. I had to open my bedroom window because the temperature was so warm last night. The fresh air helped me to cool down and nod off.

Here’s some tasks you could do today to keep busy;

Watch the video of ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ being read by author Eric Carle.

You could also watch a beautiful animation of the book;

Can you answer these questions after you have watched the videos again?;

• On Monday, the caterpillar ate 1 apple. On Tuesday, the caterpillar ate 2 pears. On Wednesday, he ate 3 plums. On Thursday, he had 4 strawberries. On Friday, he ate 5 oranges. How many pieces of fruit did he eat altogether over the five days? Try and count it out with cubesΒ  counters or Lego pieces to help you.
  • On Saturday, the caterpillar had a sore tummy. Why do you think this was?
  • What happened to the caterpillar’s body on Sunday? How did he change in shape and size?
  • What was the name given to the caterpillar’s house that he built around himself?
  • How long did the caterpillar spend inside the cocoon?
  • How did the caterpillar manage to get out of the cocoon?

Topic

Have a go at completing the Butterfly Life Cycle worksheets in your Home Learning pack.

If you have pencils or paints at home, you could create a picture to show the life cycle of the butterfly.

Here’s some more Arts and Crafts ideas;

Miss Cohen has face paints in the house – do you like her creations!?

Here’s a cool game you could try with your Mum and Dad or a sibling!

Let’s do some Caterpillar Maths! You have lots of options here – you can order numbers forwards or backwards; you can sequence numbers by counting in ones or twos.

Give it a try and tell me which activity you chose to do online;

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/caterpillar-ordering

Happy Tuesday!

Miss Bull x

Magnificent Monday! 🌞🌞

Hello gorgeous P1s! πŸ‘‹

Welcome to the month of June – the summer is officially here!

I hope you soaked up the sunshine this weekend as it was a scorcher! It’s so important to get outside when the sun is shining and get some much needed Vitamin D; have a picnic, play some outdoor games, take a stroll around a local park, read in the great outdoors or try out a selection of those fun water activities I posted last Friday! Do you have any photos you can send me of your weekends? I’d love to see what you’ve been doing!

I have been doing some ‘Twitching’ lately. No…that doesn’t mean I have been blinking uncontrollably or making strange, abrupt movements ha!

A ‘twitcher’ is a word used to describe someone who likes to watch birds and how they behave.🐦πŸ₯πŸ•ŠπŸ¦…

I have been watching the live Osprey nest camera made available from the Woodland Trust’s website;
The osprey have just hatched two new chicks – with another on the way! It’s incredible to watch these birds and observe their protective nature.
I have also been on the lookout for swifts, skylarks and swallows flying through the sky – because they are a sign of the Summer season starting! Have you spotted these birds before? I’d like to you to keep an eye out for them next time you are outside. Maybe you could work with your Mum and Dad or siblings to identify how to tell the birds apart, using the pictures below?
e.g. The swift is the smallest of the three birds and is black in colour.

Have you ever heard of a speech bubble or a thought bubble? Have you ever seen these in books or attached to photographs to show what someone is saying or thinking?

Today, we are going to have a go at creating our own speech and thought bubbles for certain photographs. It is important to understand the difference between the two and when/how we use them.

Speech bubbles are used when a character/person/animal is directly saying something.

Thought bubbles are used when a character/person/animal is thinking something in their head (they are the bubbles which look more fluffy, like clouds).

I have asked our lovely teachers at St Albert’s to send me some pictures of their weekends. I wonder if you could have a go at creating speech or thought bubbles to make the pictures more interesting and tell us a little more about the characters in them. I have done the first for you as an example.

This is me taking a dip in a local loch! I used a speech bubble because I shouted out from the water “Oh my – this is so refreshing!”

Can you have a go at adding speech or thought bubbles to the following pictures?

These ducks were photographed during Mrs Crosbie’s walk in East Kilbride yesterday.
Here’s Mrs Crosbie and her sun enjoying a stroll.
Here’s Mrs Dunnet’s baby Lewis admiring a pack of Pringles in the garden!
Here is Mrs Rooney’s granddaughter, Sienna, playing with water in the garden.
Here is Mrs McFadden’s grandson, Conor, collecting some stones and digging in the garden.
Mr Corrigan and his boys! Sam, his youngest son, is delighted with his new camouflage army cast.
Mrs Brightman checking out her gorgeous baby bump in the mirror!
Mrs Brightman’s husband building a big girl bed for her daughter, Audrey.
Miss Kinloch admiring the blue sky and green trees at a local country park!

Topic

This week – we will be looking closely at the life cycle of a butterfly. πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹

Have you noticed any butterflies flying around your garden or a local park lately? Watch the following clips about the life cycle of a butterfly to give you an idea of their interesting transition from caterpillar to butterfly;

Good luck with these tasks, and I hope the sunshine brings you some energy and positivity to start your week well!

Enjoy,

Miss Bull x

Friday – Sunshine Poems and Water activities!

Happy FridayΒ β˜€οΈΒ β˜€οΈΒ β˜€οΈ

What a gorgeous sunny day we have today and it looks like it’s going to be a glorious weekend. The sunshine has got me feeling all excited and I thought today we could write some acrostic poems about the sunshine.

An acrostic poem is when you take a word and write a word or sentence for each of the letters. Today I thought our word could be SUNSHINE. Each of your words or sentences should be linked to the word we have chosen, for example, if we were writing about winter we might talk about how it is cold and snowy, perhaps maybe even the fun things we might get up to at winter time.

Here is a video on YouTube that will hopefully help if you are stuck:

If we were at school today we would be outside playing lots of games with water! Why don’t you try some of these in your garden!

Balance the cups – Can you pass them without spilling?

One of the most fun outdoor water games for kids! Tons of easy games for summer birthday parties. Perfect for field day, summer camp, and more!    #summer #summerfun #summeractivities #camping #water #outdoor #outdoorliving #games #kidsparty #watergames #

Water gun games! Why not number the cups and say the number as your squirt it!

Toddler Approved!: Easy to Set Up Water Party for Toddlers and Preschoolers!

Frozen Flowers!

frozen flowers sensory play activity

Give all your toys and dollies a wash outside in the sunshine! It’s great for strengthening your muscles!

Early Years Garden of Our Dreams. Part 2 - Water Play -

Other activities:

Sidewalk Chalk Games & Activities for kids. Fun outdoor play spring, summer, fall.,

Challenge your kids with this fun outdoor activity for kids!

Enjoy!
Miss Bull

x

Wonderful Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday! 🌀

I hope you all had lots of fun out in the sun yesterday. I received lots of lovely pictures of your learning and Eid celebrations last week, here are some of them! πŸ“Έ

Shayan learning all about the moon phases and dressing up for Eid in clothes his parents stitched all by themselves! Amazing!

Zoha enjoying Eid in her garden with her brother Arham:

Shanzay practicing her writing and enjoying time in the park!

Zainab busy with her arts and crafts making beautiful flowers:

Today’s Activities!

Today we are going to learn how to write a list. Can you think of any times when you need to write a list? Writing lists helps us the remember things and it also helps us to tell other people what we have seen without having to write big long sentences!

Mr Corrigan has made a video all about his Secret Garden. Watch the video and make a list of all of the things you can remember Mr C having in his garden. Β Your list should look like this:

In Mr Corrigan’s Secret Garden I saw:
1. A pond
2. A……
3. A……

Maths

Hopefully you have been learning this time at home and at the shops to learn to recognise your coins! Have a go at this toy shop money game, select different options to challenge yourself!

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/money/toy-shop-money

Arts and Crafts

Have a go at making this Origami Jumping Frog! Follow the steps on the video, pause it as you go along to keep up!

Here is another super cool time lapse video of the Frog Life Cycle. Isn’t Nature AMAZING?!