Weekly Information – 29th September 2023

October Holiday

School and Nursery will be closed from Mon 9th – Friday 20th October inclusive. I wish all staff and families a good break.

If you child will be playing out on their own over the holidays, please remind them of safety rules. I was in touch a couple of weeks ago about road safety. I have also had a message for the hall committee asking me to pass on a concern that children are climbing on the oil tank beside the skate park. This could be dangerous to the children as well as causing damage to the tank. Many thanks.

There are some great activities going on at the Forgan Arts Centre over the holidays. Click here for details.

Fife Active Schools Community Clubs 

Please find below an update message on clubs and activities in North East Fife from Madison Garland at Fife Active Schools:

Active Schools in partnership with local community activity providers are delighted to share with you our first instalment of our area update. I have attached a link to our SWAY document in which you can find all of the offerings that we have within our local area for pupils and adults to access. 

Thank you,
Madison Garland 
Active Schools Coordinator 
Madras college Cluster 

Violence and Aggression Statement
It is good practice for schools to have very clear expectations for all stakeholders in this very important area. Our statement is available here and I encourage all parents to read it.

Firework Safety Competition
A competition has come into school from the SPCA. Its too tight a turn around for us to enter as a school but if your child is interested in getting involved, you can submit an individual entry as a parent. Click here for the competition pack.