Weekly Information – 28th April 2023

Coronation Lunch

Weather permitting, we will have a picnic in the garden on Thursday 4th May. Usual school uniform please. If you have not pre-ordered the School Lunch Party Box for your child, please send them with a packed lunch from home. There will be no hot meals. if the weather is too poor to eat outside, the children will eat inside as usual – though still the party box or their packed lunch.

Assembly Today

We have celebrated two stars living our values of perseverance, effort and enthusiasm – well done to Lilly K and Lilly R. Thien An has been nominated by the sports leaders for living our value of effort at Sportzone and scoring a goal!

We had a particular talk about safety today. All the children know that the keeping them safe is the most important parts of my job. We talked about:

Safe places to cross the main road when you walk to school. I have advised children to cross at the traffic calming chicanes as these help them take a direct route across the road and help them avoid crossing by the entrance to the village hall from which cars might be turning out. Staff will remind children of this safe crossing point when they are out on woods trips and it would also be helpful if you went over that with your child if they walk to school on their own (or to help them identify another safe place).

Safe play by the hall and on the pitch (out of school time). Some anti-social behaviour in these areas has been brought to my attention in recent weeks. For example, there has been fly tipping at the recycling point and a microwave left there has had the door kicked in by young people. There has been evidence of fire setting and vaping. I have advised our pupils that if they see something happening that they don’t like when they are out playing, they should go home and tell an adult and then play elsewhere on that day. If your child regularly plays out by themselves, it might be worth having a chat to them about this.

Staying Safe by Staying in the School Grounds. I have reminded children that once they arrive on school grounds in the morning, they can not leave unless a member of school staff says they can. It is very tempting for older children to nip home if they remember they’ve forgotten something and the 9am bell hasn’t rung yet but this can lead to a situation where parents think a child is at school and we think they are off. If your child walks to school on their own, I would be grateful if you could remind them of this rule. I am also grateful to all parents and family members for remembering to come to the school office as their first port of call any time they come onto school property.

P7 have all achieved Level 2 Bikeability and P6 will start their sessions next week.