News for this week and next term

Dear Parents,

Assembly Today

Well done to the stars who were celebrated at Assembly today: Jack, Howie and Fergus M.

Spring Fling Tomorrow

P1-7 parents, please don’t forget to send a packed lunch tomorrow (unless you pre-ordered a school packed lunch last week). The weather doesn’t look as good for tomorrow as it is today but I think it will still be good enough for us to go to the woods. Don’t forget woods clothes – no uniform needed.

I would also like to share few things for you to know about ahead of next term:

Drop Off/Pick Up – Parents on School property

I have not yet had confirmation from Fife Council that we can invite a greater number of parents onto school property so at this point, I need to continue to ask that only Nursery, P1, 2 and 3 parents come into the grounds and at this point we can’t routinely invite you into the building. I am hopeful that this will ease into next term and I will communicate this to you when the change can happen. But for 18th April, please assume this mitigation is still in place – I won’t contact you in the holidays with a change, only once term has begun.

Pupils Zones before 9am

We no longer need to maintain bubbles and so there is no longer any need for children to wait in a class ‘zone’ before the bell. It is fine for them to mix with pupils from other classes before 9am. This being said, we don’t supervise children before school and can’t take responsibility for them before the teacher brings the line in at 9am – they are in your care until then. I recommend that your child arrives at school as close as possible to the bell and 8.45 at the earliest. This is not to do with Covid, it will be my advice long term.

Face Coverings/Social Distancing on School Property

For 18th April, please assume these mitigations are still in place.  My understanding is that once the legal requirement for face coverings in public places is removed, there will remain contexts (including schools) where the guidance will be that face coverings should still be worn. I am expecting, therefore, to need to advise you to keep wearing a face covering on school property (including at drop off and pick up) and I will continue to ask you to maintain distance from any adult or pupil not in your household.

Ukraine Fundraising

We are going to hold a fundraiser for Ukrainian refugees next term. Details will follow but I am letting you know about this now because I know many of you might want to discuss this with your child before it is discussed in school. Our discussions will be about how we can help those who have needed to leave their homes, we won’t focus on warfare or the political situation in any depth.

School Events/Sports Day

Outdoor events, including sports day, will go ahead next term and we expect to be able to invite parents to attend – we will set and share a date for sports day early in the term to give you good notice. We are also hopeful that we may be able to invite parents into school for an indoor open event, with mitigations in place. We are awaiting guidance about this and will share further details early next term, when we can.

I am going to post these details on the school website for reference. I am sending them today so that there is time for you to come to me with any questions before term ends on Friday. I will be in touch with updates on or soon after 18th April.

I wish all our families a happy holiday, when it comes, and would like to extend a sincere thank you to you all for your support of the school and understanding during the Covid period. While guidance and mitigations remain in place, I am very hopeful that things will ease next term and I look forward to being able to meet many of you and get to know your family a bit better.

Kind regards

Lucy Jess