P4 dissolve!

In Science, Primary 4 have been working out what can dissolve in water. We tried to dissolve salt, sugar, flour and soda. Some didn’t dissolve, but some did. Paige and Declan added 6 scoops of flour to their water. The first 3 mixed well, but then it went all lumpy and gloopy.
By Pazza and Ant

10 thoughts on “P4 dissolve!”

1. Me and Declan did flour for our experomant and when we put the 6th scoop full,it went all goopey and it looked like dough. The sugar just sunk to the bottom of the tub.

2. We need some things to make things dissolve it needs a spoon, pot, water and sugar we made seven sugar dissolve

From Mr blackadder and Mr Bowden

3. Dear P4,

I am a primary school teacher from Australia. I am also a big fan of science. My university degree is a Bachelor of Science so I enjoyed bringing science into the classroom.

Your experiment on dissolving substances is one I have used in my classes over the years. It’s interesting to see what dissolves and what just becomes wet.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia

4. Dear P4,

Your experiment on dissolving substances is one I have used in my classes over the years. It\’s interesting to see what dissolves and what just becomes wet.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia