Pupil Lockdown Fitness Stories – Jamie Lourie

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, school and football have been cancelled so here is what I am doing to keep fit. Every Tuesday, Thursday after I finish my schoolwork, I go on the rowing machine for 20 minutes. When I am on, I watch Netflix or YouTube on my i-pad to pass the time. On the days I do not go on the rowing machine, I usually go for a 5k run. I normally go up past the farms but today I decided to change my route and go through the Dean. At night, my dad takes me down the Dean to practice my football. It is usually fitness related. After all the running we normally have a game of football golf.

At the weekend or when I come home from playing football, I usually practice my golf short game by chipping the ball into a practice net. Hopefully, this year I will spend more time playing golf on the fairway than looking for my ball in the bushes.

On the weekend we take my neighbour’s dog on a walk to West Lothian golf course. We walk from our house up to the golf course where we walk around the golf course generally going a different way each time.