Pupil Lockdown Fitness Stories – Emma Crawford

During the Covid-19 lockdown I am sad to be missing out on my usual sports and dance classes during the week, but I have found other ways I can keep fit and healthy. I have been taking part in online zoom classes with my cheerleading squad at Storm Evolution Allstars 2/3 times a week to keep my fitness up through taking part in conditioning classes as well as working on my flexibility and maintaining/learning new skills through stretch classes. I have also been enjoying pushing myself through the Chloe Ting programmes published online, these are great hit work outs that I really love doing. These definitely are on the harder side, but I really enjoy the challenge. I also decided running was something I wanted to get myself into, I’ve never been the strongest at running but thought it could definitely be something I could work on, for the first three weeks of lockdown I was running a mile every morning to try and build on my stamina before increasing the distance. I then slowly began increasing the distance to allow me to run 5k in support of the NHS challenge donating £5 at the end. Just today I ran my longest distance of 11.21k something I am extremely proud to have achieved and hopefully will keep building onto this.