Weekly Prayers

Wednesday 14th February

On Valentine’s Day we remember St. Valentine, the martyr, who brought couples together in Holy marriage against the laws of the day and who had the strength to stand-up for what he believed. Like St. Valentine we must show strength during the period of Lent.

Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent. It marks the start of our preparation for the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Over the forty days of Lent, our preparation focuses on three areas: fasting, penitence and almsgiving. We pray that through our preparation we are ready to receive the Good News that our Lord, Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose again three days later so that we might be saved.

Our Father…

Thursday, 15th February

Today is the feast of the brothers Saints Faustinus and Jovita. The brothers spread the word of God in Italy and did not hide away their beliefs even though they were threatened with death by Emperor Hadrian.

We gain strength from God just like Saints Faustinus and Jovita. Lord, give us the strength to stand-up for what we believe and the endurance during Lent so that we are ready to receive God into our lives.

Our Father…

Friday, 16th February

This week and next week our S5 and S6 learners are sitting their prelims. During this stressful time for them we pray that they achieve their goals. We ask God, and those around us, to show support for our senior learners over the next week.

Father,

Be with me when I sit an exam.
Keep my mind alert and my memory sharp.
Calm my nerves and help me concentrate.
I know that you walk with me,
Guiding my path and inspiring my heart.
Thank you for your peace and your love in my life.
Thank you for your kindness and care for me.
Amen.