Welcome to Maidenhill Primary School Website

Please click here for our new handbook

Welcome to the new website for Maidenhill Primary School and Nursery Class, Newton Mearns, which will open to pupils in August 2019. This site will be regularly updated in order to ensure that all parents/carers, pupils and members of the community are kept fully informed of developments.

I am delighted to have been appointed Head Teacher at Maidenhill and I am looking forward to meeting and working alongside the children and families who will shape our exciting new school community.

I am sure that you will agree that the design specification of the building and the facilities on offer look second to none. Nonetheless, it is the relationships that form within a school and the wider community that make an establishment successful and it is the building of those relationships that will be the focus of our transition planning in the run up to the grand opening.

With Maidenhill Primary, we have a real opportunity to build a culture of collaboration that will ensure the very best outcomes for our young people. Let the countdown begin!

Alasdair McDonald

Head Teacher