Welcome to Maidenhill Primary School Website

Welcome to the website for Maidenhill Primary School and Nursery Class, Newton Mearns, which will open to pupils in August 2019. This site will be regularly updated in order to ensure that all parents/ carers, pupils and members of the community are kept fully informed of developments.

With less than 4 months until our fantastic new school is due to open, excitement is building! I was delighted to have the opportunity for another site visit during the first week of the spring break and I was amazed at the progress that had been made since January. Our state-of-the art building is really taking shape and it was great to get a real sense of the space and how it will be used to enhance our young people’s learning experiences.

In tandem with the building works, Mrs Menzies and I continue to work on our transition planning. As places start to be confirmed, we will continue working with our children, parents and staff at associated schools and nursery provision to ensure everyone has an extremely positive start to their Maidenhill journey.

In addition, I have been busy with the recruitment of a dynamic new staff team fit for our dynamic new school.

As we draw nearer to our opening date, the opportunity that Maidenhill Primary offers at the very heart of a brand new community becomes ever more apparent. I continue to look forward to working with all members of the community in shaping a school that provides our young people with the very best experiences possible.

Alasdair McDonald

Head Teacher

Please click here for our handbook