Amazing aliens

Some of the areas in our classroom have changed. Miss McCabe asked us what we liked and didn’t like and we made some changes together.

We did not like where the tipi was so we decided to move it to the library. More people can read in tents together now.

We did not want a shop anymore so we made our shop into the ticket office for our puppet theatre. Take a look…

Characterisation

We read the story Aliens Love Underpants and discussed the characters, events and setting. We thought it was very funny and liked the part where the aliens put pants on their heads and chanted!

We learned about the 5 points of characterisation which authors use to create a character. We worked with Miss McCabe to be authors and create our own alien character.

“ I liked being with the teacher making an alien. My alien had a pink dress and is called XX.” – Kirstyn

“I liked being with the teacher. I liked to write about my own alien and I liked to make funny aliens” – Stephen

“I did making my own alien and it could turn into a boulder!” – Gregor

We were able to sequence the events of the story using pictures to help us.

“I liked doing the sequencing. We had to think what happened in the story and write down the numbers” – Sophie

We were able to re-tell the main parts of the story in our puppet theatre. We used stick puppets. When we had finished retelling the book, we got to create our own story!

“I liked the puppet theatre. You had to do the real story. We got to do our own story in the show.” – Paige

“My favourite was puppet show and I like making my own show” – Sam

We drew pictures of the characters we had created. We had to think about what they would look like.

“I liked drawing my alien and he had wrinkles on his neck and also his name is ET” – Scott

“I liked drawing my alien, it has rainbow coloured hair” – Mia