Our Local Area and Wonderful Writing

We have been busy learning about our local area. We learned about maps and worked with a partner to map our classroom.

“We did a key to tell you what everything is” – Scott

“It shows you where things are beside. The computer is beside the door” – Kensley

After our walk through the village we made our own pictures of Neilston. We used a range of resources and presented these to the class once we had finished.

“We were drawing the places of Neilston like the garage and the church” – Sophie

“We did grass and the school” – Amber

Wonderful writing

In writing we are learning to write with increasing independence. We have been trying to have a go with spelling. Part of our success criteria is to write sentences with full stops and capital letters.

Sam, Eilidh and Sophie made playdo sentences with full stops and capita letters.

Kensley is wearing our special assessment glasses to self-assess her work. This means she had to read her writing and check it met the success criteria. She gave herself a green traffic light because she had neat, punctuated sentences!

Dawson is peer assessing Mia’s work. He is checking that Mia has been able to cut and paste sentences in the correct order and write them neatly with punctuation.

Each week we have STAR WRITERS who have made extra effort to achieve the success criteria. Take a look at who we had last week.

Stephen wrote some fantastic sentences with Mrs Ness.

Scott had lots of ideas and wrote all these sentences with very little help! He agreed he had done a great job as he gave himself a green traffic light.

Thom used the picture to help him think up ideas. He tried hard to write neatly.

Kara made sure her sentences had full stops and capital letters.

Read our blog next week to find out about the exciting things we have planned for Maths week! We are so excited!

One thought on “Our Local Area and Wonderful Writing”

1. My goodness P2! Miss McCabe has been making you work really hard. I think your super sentences are the best. I would love a map of my office so that I know where everything goes!

It is wonderful to see everyone working in groups and talking and listening to each other. Well done! 🎉👍✨