The last few weeks in April/start of May

‘Today, we took part in the colour run and I am now very colourful and very drenched!’ James

‘It was sunny at first then it turned rainy but luckily we were inside by then!’ Alina

‘It was the best day of my life!’ Christian        

‘This week we did our P4 show You are Special! We did lots of singing and acting in the past few weeks. I thought it was fun!’ Anna

‘We did a dress rehearsal on Wednesday and we showed it to the P5s and they loved it. They said lots of good things.’ Sophia H

‘If you came I hope you enjoyed it!’ Jaxon

‘Last week there was mysterious star that was in playground and it wasn’t there before. We came up with ideas were it came from and our teacher got inspiration from it and read us a story all about a star. It was amazing!’ Edward

‘We made text maps to retell Alfie’s Star and it was very fun.’ Alexander

‘We then wrote our own story about a star falling from the sky.’ Oliver

‘Some people were this weeks target team and they got a sparkly sticker if they achieved their target.’ Menaal

Tune in next time for more, all about P4b!

Week beginning 18th March 2024

Hi readers and welcome back!

‘In P.E. we played rounders in the MUGA with a tennis racket and I thought it was really fun!’ Samuel

‘On Wednesday, we read a text all about science and you had to use dictionaries to look up words.’ Jaxon

‘On Thursday, the hall was in use so we did yoga in the classroom instead! It was really calming.’ Menaal

‘We also took part in a science experiment. We were investigating which solvents dissolved in water. I found it really fun and exciting.’ Erin G

‘On Friday, we were practising for our Spring show and we sang some songs. My favourite is All Stars.’ Ava

‘We also wrote letters back to Maximus and I completed it and got a sparkly target achieved sticker.’ Christian

‘In IDL, we learned about the Roman gods, my favourite one is Neptune the god of the sea and earthquakes. He rode on dolphins and horses.’ James

We also learned how to use some new technology on the chromebooks and heard all about Break the Rules day, which is next week.

Some of us presented some lovely Roman fact files.

Tune in after Easter for more. We hope you have a wonderful break!

P4b

Week beginning 11th March 2024

Hi readers, we hope you enjoy our blog!

‘On Monday we used Micro:Bits to make a night light! It was quite fun.’ Emily

‘Then on Tuesday we also learned how to play rock, paper, scissors on the Micro:Bits. (They are wee mini computers.) When we shook them it would pick an icon that was either a rock, or paper, or scissors.’ James

‘When we were doing this lesson, it was hard to get it working and sometimes it would repeat the same icon. Some people got it working and some had to problem solve this. Most people figured it our in the end!’ Millie

‘In the afternoon, during RME we learned about Islamic patterns. We created a sun catcher that you can attached to the window. We used black paper and cut out shapes and added tissue to the back. I enjoyed it and I made a smiley face design.’ Jaxon

‘On Wednesday, we took part in a Kapla challenge and made different shapes and buildings. Our topic is The Romans and we’ve been learning about shape in Maths, my group made the Colosseum which is an oval shape.’ Finlay

‘On Thursday there was a special box in the middle of the room. Inside were different Roman replicas that were found in Scotland. We had to investigate with our table.’ Ava

‘Inside the box we discovered a barrel, a money bag with coins, a perfume bottle, a tartan cloak, a broach and a medical instruments. I like looking at the barrel.’ Annie

‘My favourite replica was the brooch because I liked seeing what the Romans fashion was.’ Erin G

‘For writing we were going to do something but then we found an old Roman letter in the museum box we borrowed! The letter was from a Roman boy and decided to write a letter back about our life today!’ Connie

Bye for now everyone!

Week beginning 4th March 2024

Hi again readers, check out what we’ve been up to below!

‘On Tuesday we brought in books for a book swap and on Wednesday we swapped them across the school. I picked Horrid Henry!’ Ava

‘I picked The Mystery of Holly Lane!’ Lana

‘On Thursday, we learned about a famous author for World Book Day. It was Dr. Seuss. We did some research about him.’ An

‘Did you know Dr Seuss was American?’ Alina

‘We also made a poster about him and some people’s really stood out for their designs.’ Millie

‘On Friday, we finished our Dr Seuss fact posters. Mrs Hobson picked 4 and they won marbles and a smelly sticker.’ Jaxon

‘We also designed book corners for a competition. My theme was calmness and mindfulness. We put in plants and lavender to make ours feel calm.’  Anna

‘In IDL, we were learning about what the Romans did for fun. Did you know they enjoyed going to the bath house and watching chariot racing?’ Erin H

‘For P.E. we were doing basketball in the MUGA. We had stations for throwing and dribbling.’ Erin G

‘In gymnastics we practiced rolls, like teddy bear rolls. I found these tricky.’ Menaal

‘We split into groups, we had gymnasts and an audience. Once the gymnasts had shown a skill, the audience gave them a positive point or a helpful hint.’ Sophia H

Some of us took part in a gymnastics competition, outside of school. Have a look at their fabulous medals!

Tune in next time for more from P4b!

Week beginning 26th February 2024

Welcome back readers!

‘On Friday, we created posters/leaflets about famous Roman landmarks. First we had to discuss photographs with our table and answer some questions on them.’ Ava

‘After that, we selected 1 Roman landmark and researched information on the iPads and mine was about the colosseum.’ James

‘Did you know if you jump into the Trevi Fountain, you’d get a 500 Euro fine?’ Gregor

‘Did you know each year 700,000 Euro is thrown into the Trevi fountain and donated to charity?’ Anna

‘Did you know that the Spanish steps have 135 steps?’ Millie

‘Did you know more than 7 million people visited the colosseum?’ Emma Rose

‘In P.E. we were practising rolls in gymnastics. We learned seal rolls, teddy bear rolls and forward rolls with our partners.’ Erin G

‘In Maths, we were learning more about 2d and 3d shape.  After that, we took part in a Sumdog shape challenge, it was fun but a bit tricky!’ Lana

‘This week, we got new green jotters for starter task time. So far, I’ve added spelling, spelling bee and made notes about Romans.’ Ruaridh

‘Next week we are taking part in World Book Day and we are having a book swap and lots of other activities.’ Aaniyah

Bye for now!

Week beginning 12th February 2024

Welcome back everyone!

In P.E we learned a new game called ‘Cat and Mouse’. The cat was the ‘tigger’ and the  mice have a bib with a tail and the cats try and get the tail away. – Millie

On Thursday we did gymnastics and we were practising travelling where you have to travel along the mat using your gymnastic skills. – Finlay

On Wednesday in P.E there were two teams in the MUGA. We had a basketball and we had to throw it across the circle, developing our ball skills, it was a new game and it was fun. – Menaal

In these pictures we are doing maths and our group was choosing out of a bag of different 3D shapes and then you had to choose what shape you thought it was. – Sophia W

Some people were trying to follow directions and then once you finished you then had to write down the directions you took on the back of the paper. – Alina & Connie

In maths some of the groups at the end of their work played Sumdog on the Chromebooks and we had to do some shape challenges. – Jaxon

Some people in the class had made a fact file on the Romans when we were given time on the chrome books and they told us four facts about what they used to help them live. – Sophia H

On Friday we were doing limericks in writing. We had to do five lines or more. I did seven paragraphs! – Ava

After we finished our limericks some of us read it out to the rest of the class. – James

Week beginning 22nd January 2024

Hi again, we are back!

“In P.E. we set up exercise stations and it was really hard!” Alexander

“One of the stations was the plank station, I thought it was difficult.” Samuel

“On our other P.E. lesson we split into 2 groups and practised controlling the ball and it was really fun!” Ava

“In topic we were learned about Roman houses and what they looked like. If they were wealthy they would have had a big house called a villa.” Sophia H

“Did you know, the Romans invented underfloor heating?” James

“On Friday, we learned about Robert Burns and his poetry. We wrote about things we love in our own ode poems. I wrote about gymnastics.” Millie

“My poem was about my mum!” Menaal

‘At assembly, we learned even more about him and one of his poems is A Red Red Rose!” Oliver

“In Maths, we were learning about time, I thought it was a bit difficult but I tried really hard!” Alina

” Some people worked on o’clock, quarter past, half past and quarter to times. We also added on 15 minutes to times.” Theo

“During French, we learned the numbers up to 30. It was a bit difficult but worth learning.” Edward

“We did this by playing a game with our table and it was tricky but we did it!” Jamie

Tune in next week for more!

Week beginning 8th January 2024

Happy New Year readers and welcome back to our blog!

‘At the start of the week, we all got new reading books. Mine was called Extreme Sports. We partnered up with someone in our group, answered questions and shared our opinions on sports. I would like to try base jumping because I think it looks fun and the view would be nice from high above buildings.’ Erin G

‘On Wednesday, we made New Year’s Resolutions. We drew our face in the middle of a page and wrote our resolutions around it.  I hope to level up in golf in 2024.’ Edward

‘One of my resolutions is to learn a new trick in gymnastics.’ Lana

‘In Maths, some of us were writing raps or made posters based on learning the amount of days in each month. I thought it was challenging to remember all the information. We might display this work on the wall.’ Gregor

‘Some people were learning more about time, matching ice creams and cones with the same time. I though it was a bit challenging.’ Alina

‘On Friday, we had different stations in Literacy and we completed 2 and 2 will be for next week. 1 of the stations was called Dance Mat Typing on the chrome books and another was creating a Kung Fu punctuation instructions. I thought it was really fun and everyone was really creative.’ Millie

‘The other 2 stations were a thesaurus task and the other was writing with Mrs Hobson. I’m looking forward to trying the dance mat typing task next week.’ Erin H

‘In P.E. on Thursday, we were doing fitness. 1 of the stations was doing step ups on a bench. It was fun, tiring and hard!’ Ava

‘There were 6 activities altogether and my favourite was doing push ups because you learned an easier way and a harder way. You could practise each one.’ Sophia H

‘We started our new topics ‘The Romans’ and we created questions   that we want to find out the answer to. I am curious about the gladiators in Roman times.’ James

‘Bye and see you next week!’ Emily

Week beginning 4th December 2023

Welcome back everyone!

‘In Maths this week, some of us were learning about calendars and how they work. We completed a maths calendar for December which had a mixture of questions.’ Erin G

‘In P.E. we played lots of games. One was with basketballs and the other was matball. I though it was very fun.’ Emma-Rose

‘We played a pirate game where you have to run around and escape from the tiggers. We used mats for a base and they were like a little island. I really enjoyed it.’ Christian

‘Some people in our class brought in things to show us. One had made a leaflet about the deep blue sea and the other brought in Malaysian money. I thought it was really interesting.’ Anna

‘Since the MUGA was so icy on Wednesday, we came inside and we did Just Dance and some yoga. I though it was really funny.’ Sophia W

‘This morning we were making clay fish during topic. Next week we will decorate them with paint.’ Sophia H

‘It involved making lots of spheres and you had to use division to get 4 balls from the clay. I thought it was really difficult to make tail but also a bit fun.’  Millie

‘For topic we also learned about climate zones. The 3 zones are polar, temperate and tropical. We shaded in the zones on a map.’ Grace

‘Today, we went to the present room and we picked a present for one of our family members. We were raising money for Save The Children charity.  It was exciting.’ Ava

See you next time!

Week beginning 27th November 2023

Hello, hello! We are back with more interesting information about our week!

‘On Thursday in P.E. we played team races. 1 team had to dribble the ball the other to pass the ball in a zigzag and you had to go back to the start if the ball was dropped. I felt it was fun and a bit tricky to get all the passes correct to the end of the zigzag.’ Erin G

‘In MUGA P.E. we played saucers and volcanoes and I thought it was fun because I haven’t played it for a long time.’ Millie

‘In Maths some groups were learning about clocks and some questions were quite tricky. We played little games with some of our friends.’ Alina

‘Also in maths some people did something called Beat the Clock which is a multiplication sheet and you time yourself and try to improve each week.’ Menaal

‘We also went outside for some of our maths lesson and we learned about North, East, South and West. I enjoyed it.’ Ava

‘We paired up and then put on an imaginary blindfold and our partner would give us directions using the 8 compass points.’ Oliver

‘On Wednesday, we did Outdoor Learning and had to find a living thing. Then we figured which part of the food chain it was. I found a human (Gregor) and an ant!’ James

‘In Topic we learned more about sharks. We had an eye spy task, word search and we had to label parts of a shark.’ Jamie

‘Sharks have been around over 450 million years.’ Grace

‘We finished our sea creature fact files and it was really fun. After we peer assessed them and I think it was really exciting.’ Sophia H

‘Now that we’ve almost finished our Deep Blue Sea topic we decided to pick a a new one! It was between Scotland and The Romans. We had a vote and Romans won! I voted for this and I am quite happy!’

‘Someone in class won Best beaver award! Here he is showing us!’ Erin H

Another person created a fantastic presentation all about turtles!

Tune in next week for more!