Our First Blog of 2022!

Welcome back to our first blog of 2022! We are so excited to share our learning with you again as we have been extremely busy learners!

We have been continuing to learn about Adverbs. We are up-levelling our sentences by including adverbs which makes our writing more interesting and provides the reader with more information.

‘An adverb are words that describes a verb. For example, ‘I cheered loudly.’ – Lilian 

I use an adverb because  it gives more information and description.’ – Harrison

We continue to learn alternative sounds and digraphs such as ue, oo, u-e and ew. We use playdough to create our spelling words or rhyming words!

In Maths, we enjoy playing problem solving games! It helps us use our maths and numeracy skills in different ways.

This week, we have been learning about Hundreds, Tens and Units. We have also been learning how to exchange units in 3 digit number calculations. For example,  303 – 124.

We have been exploring Length and Height using metres and centimetres. Converting cm into metres is a little bit tricky, however, with continuous practise we will become confident!

We explored a variety of objects in our class to make estimations and accurate measurements in centimetres and metres.

‘ I know that 100cm is equal to 1 metre.’ – Thomas

If it is a two digit number like 85cm, it would be 0.85 metres.’ – Jace

In Art, we have been developing our drawing skills within the concept of landscape. We have been focusing on line, shape, colour, texture and pattern and a variety of media.

Our first drawing was based on a patchwork effect of fields.

‘My patchwork drawing has different tones, lines and textures.’ – Gurleen

My drawing has loads of different lines. I did diagonal, straight, curved and dots.’ – Scarlett

For our second lesson, we collected outdoor materials such as leaves, twigs and stones and drew from our observations. We studied our objects closely to identify different lines, textures and tones.

Within our Art Area, we have created a display on how to make play dough. Mrs Amin has provided us with everything that we need to enable us to make play dough independently.

It was lovely having a full week back at school. We cannot wait for next week! Just a little reminder, that Woodland and Outdoor learning has been paused for now. I will inform you all when we require the children to bring in their outdoor clothing.

Ps Harrison has found a very interesting sweet! It is supposed to be a strawberry, however, it looks like a reindeer and lobster!

Have a wonderful weekend superstars,

Love Mrs Amin ☺️ xxx