Pupil Support Comments

Pupils in St Ninian’s are supported in a variety of ways by a number of different people.  Here are some pupil comments about the support they received:

“Counselling has helped me gain confidence and self esteem in myself. It’s also very reassuring to have someone care about you and be there to listen to your problems instead of bottling them up. I have learned to trust people and to stop thinking negatively all of the time. Because a counsellor has supported me I have become a happier person and I’m not afraid to express my emotions any more. I think counselling is very beneficial and can help you with whatever you’re dealing with as we as helping you see the light at the end of the tunnel.”

“My Pastoral Support teacher has been very supportive when I was going through an incredibly hard time. She would listen to me and give me good advice whenever I needed it. I can go to her for anything; no matter how big or small the matter is. She is the type of person you can have a laugh with and is easy going; firm but fair.”

“The Youth Counsellor has helped me to regain my confidence after difficult times.”

“The Careers advisor helps me to choose my career/future and informs me of what I need to do to get there.”

“I know that there are many people who can help me during difficult times, for example, the campus cop, Rainbows group, Pastoral Support teacher, year group head and many more.”

“My Pastoral Support teacher suggested that I see the Youth counsellor to help me cope with the stress of exams.  She allowed me to talk about how I was feeling and gave me advice on ways to cope.  It helped a lot.”