S1

FAITH LIFE

• I feel that it is very important to have faith in your life as sometimes when you are going through difficult or distressing times, it is amazing to have someone to talk and share your thoughts and worries with.   Also going to mass and contributing in religious events can really help build your faith and understanding of God and Jesus.

SUPPORT IN SCHOOL

• In school all teachers are more than happy to help or explain something numerous times to build a strong understanding of the subject.  The support has been outstanding.

Lucy Cowie (1a3)

PRIMARY VISITS TO ST NINIAN’S

• I felt that it was useful because you got to know the school and what some of the subjects were like.
  • I really enjoyed going to Science, Art and Technology.
  • I felt it was really good to meet the teachers because if you get them as a teacher you know them.
  • I also thought it was good to take part in the lesson so that you know how fun and interesting some subjects are.

VISITS TO PRIMARY SCHOOLS

• It was very useful that Mr Ross and Mr Docherty visited us because they told us about the school and took all our questions.
  • I think it was really good to meet the pastoral teachers because we knew we had someone to talk to.

FIRST WEEKS AT ST NINIAN’S

• I thought it was really good because we never had the materials that Art, Science and Technology have in my primary school.
  • I thought it was really good because we began to meet teachers.

NEW CLASSES IN ENGLISH/MATHEMATICS

• I think it’s really good that we have allocated classes in English and Maths because it is good to have one or two different classes from your previous alpha class.
  • I also think that it’s good because it’s suited to your ability.
  • I feel I have settled in very well and I think the pace of work is right.
  • I want to continue with Business, Art, Physics and Chemistry.

Mariella Ventisei (1a10) 

PRIMARY VISITS TO ST NINIAN’S

• I thought they were helpful because you were getting a taster of the school that you are going to.  I thought it was really fun and educational when we came up to St Ninian’s.

VISITS TO PRIMARY SCHOOLS

• It was useful because you got to know Mr Ross and Mr Docherty and they told us about what it is like at St Ninian’s and they were very honest which I liked.

FIRST WEEKS

• I was helped by the S6 guides.  The S6 guides and the teachers were very helpful because if you got lost they would help you and take you carefully to your class.
  • During PSHE I got to know my Pastoral Support teacher much better which I very much liked and we talked about what we S1 are expected to do.  The planners and timetables helped a lot because you could always look back on your timetable if you got lost.

NEW CLASSES IN ENGLISH/MATHEMATICS

• I find the new classes has helped a lot because in my old classes we all worked at different paces which I didn’t like and it’s better to work with people who are at the same pace as you and you get to know other S1 as well.
  • I think I do have an insight in what subjects I want to pick in S2 and carry on with like Science.  I just love it and enjoy it when I’m doing it.

Ammarah Dean (1a10)

PRIMARY VISITS TO ST NINIAN’S

• The visits were very helpful as it helped me to see what St Ninian’s had to offer.   I liked doing all the different subjects.   It was good to meet teachers to see what they were like and to do all the different subjects.

VISITS TO PRIMARY SCHOOLS

• It was useful to meet Mr Docherty and Mr Ross so you can see what they are like.  I loved seeing the pastoral teachers and they said if we had any problems to say to them.

FIRST WEEKS

• I was helped by people helping me to my classes.   The S6 guides were useful to help guide you around.  The diary planners are great for noting down homework.

NEW CLASSES

• It was helped me because I feel I am working to my best ability.   The pace of the work is great.  I would like to carry on with Design and Technology, PE, Music and Business.

Jordan Cooper (1a10)

MY CLASSES

• I have loved the classes I have attended so far, mostly because of having new nice teachers and the new friends that I have made in them.  I think the pace of work is just right because there is never anyone left behind, not understanding what’s going on.  I am challenged to do my best in classes because I never feel like anything is really easy.  I think a good teacher is someone who supports your effort in class and that is funny.

MY SKILLS

• I have learned how to speak more fluently in French, design and cut wood, plastic and metal.  I have learned different ways of styling in art.  I use the same skills in Art and Technical because for both of them you need to know how to design and plan.

Sean O’Hara (1a3)

FAITH LIFE

• It’s important to me because it makes me a better individual and more thoughtful to others.  I think having the Masses during the week lets me have time to reflect, especially if I am struggling with work or particular situation.

SUPPORT IN SCHOOL

• The support in the school means to me is that if I need help or am worried about something I have the opportunity to go to my pastoral support teacher.  I feel comfortable with my teacher and I know I could go to speak to him.  I have been supported by pupils and staff.  For example in the first week we had 6th years helped taking us round our classes.  My teachers have been very helpful and I have learned new skills.

Siobhan Marshall (1a4)

FAITH LIFE

• The faith life of the school means a lot to me because you can go to the Oratory, see the paintings and the pictures of the bible and get to ask for confession and lots more plus Mass three days a week.

SUPPORT IN SCHOOL

• The support in school means to me that you can get help in any subject that there are teachers and support helpers in the school.  I have been supported amazingly because teacher and helpers come to you as quick as you can.  I have been supported by Mrs Ali and the teachers.

Daryl Butler

FAITH LIFE

• Faith life is very important to me because I think it is important to be supported in my faith journey.  It is good to have the Oratory available for private prayer, mass, Eucharist Adoration and services.
  • It is very important because we involve it with everything we do, there are various faith groups and opportunities to deepen and strengthen our faith.

SUPPORT IN SCHOOL

• It is nice to have someone to go to and share problems with and my guidance teacher has been approachable and easy to talk to.
  •  Yes, I feel supported, especially when I started S1 when I was unsure and shy there was always help.
  •  My Pastoral Support teacher, S6 buddies at start of the year, Mr Ross.

Erin Leahy (1a1)

FAITH LIFE

• The faith life means a lot to me because as a Christian I get to learn a lot about my faith and other faiths.
  • I think the faith life of the school is very important because not only do I get to learn about other faiths as well as my own and so do people of different religions.

SUPPORT IN SCHOOL

• The support in school means so much to me, I have been supported so well and so differently, depending on the subject.
  • I have been supported extremely well especially with my maths, I got 100% in my block test and I wouldn’t be able to do that if it wasn’t for my teacher.  Also because of my arthritis my pastoral support teacher keeps a very close eye on me and supports my family.
  • Every single one of my teachers have supported me extremely well.

FIRST WEEKS

• By my new class mates.
  • Yes because they helped you to get to know the school better.

NEW CLASSES

• Yes it was a big help as it helped me get to know other students in first year.
  • I have certainly settled in and the pace of work feels absolutely perfect.
  • I don’t really have an idea as there are many subjects that I have still to try.

PRIMARY VISITS TO ST NINIAN’S

• Yes because it helped me get to know the school better.
  • They were interactive and educational.
  • Yes because it helped me to get to know the staff better.

VISITS TO PRIMARY SCHOOLS

• Because it gave you a hint to what it would be like to have your own year head.
  • Yes they talked to you about what a role of a pastoral support teacher is.

Jonathan Kent