Confirmation St. Mirin’s Cathedral Wednesday 25th April 2018

Pupils will participate in the joint P7 spiritual retreat with St Joseph’s  Primary at Schoenstatt on Monday 16 April 2018. They will also be able to attend Confession in school. The date has still to be confirmed. It is recommended that families and Sponsors also take the opportunity to attend Reconciliation before the Confirmation and perhaps arrange for your child to do so at some point during the weeks prior to Confirmation.

We are delighted that the children will be confirmed by Bishop John Keenan. He will visit the school to talk to the children on the 18th April.

Could we ask you to go over the key prayers on the next page.   An information sheet for sponsors has sent home.  On the day of the Confirmation, we shall send home a label showing your child’s name and Confirmation name.  Children should wear this to the ceremony, pinned to the right hand side of their shirt.

Please see below some practical arrangements for the Mass
Children should wear full school uniform; shirt and tie, black shoes

Due to the numbers involved, there is a suggested maximum of 5 guests per family (including sponsor)

Children and sponsors will meet teachers in the Cathedral Hall by 6.30pm

Parents should go directly to the Cathedral where seats have been allocated on a first come basis behind the children and sponsors

The procession into the Cathedral will begin at 6.45pm, pairing child and sponsor within each group
Children will be seated on right side (pulpit side); sponsors on left

There should be no filming or taking of photographs during Mass

The Cathedral car park will not be available for parking; there is limited open parking on the right hand side of Gartmore Lane and some on Paisley Road, while the nearest public parking is in the car park opposite the Lagoon Leisure Centre.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Mrs Devlin.

Please go over the prayers below with your children.

Confiteor                                                                                                                                     I confess to almighty God, and to you, my brothers and sisters,               that I have greatly sinned in my thoughts and in my words,  in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do,  through my fault, through my fault,  through my most grievous fault;                                                             therefore I ask blessed Mary, ever-Virgin, all the angels and saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me  to the Lord our God.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only Begotten Son, Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father,  you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us;                 

The Gloria                                                                                                                                                                         Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to people of good will. We praise you, we bless you, we adore you,  we glorify you,  we give you thanks for your great glory,                                                                          Lord God, heavenly King, O God, almighty Father.                                                                                                                                         

you take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer;
you are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.                                        
For you alone are the Holy One,  you alone are the Lord, you alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit, in the glory of God the Father.

AMEN.