Aug 062015

Glen Family Centre is  closed on Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th August for Inservice Days.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on Thursday 13th August.

Aug 032015

East Renfrewshire Disability Action (ERDA) we were launched at the Barriers & Bridges Community Conference event in March 2011, then as now, it is important there is local disability organisation to raise the issues and concerns of disabled people at a local and national level. This has been the case since our beginnings but has become even more so as disabled people are disproportionally negatively impacted by the unfair and unjust Westminster Welfare cuts as well as cuts, increased charges and changes to various local authority services that disabled people use.

These policies and decisions maintain and reinforce the social, physical, attitudinal, cultural and economic barriers that prevent disabled people taking up our rightful role as full and equal citizens.

We are currently campaigning to address the lack of wheelchair accessible taxis in East Renfrewshire.

We are all ways on the lookout for new Members both Disabled and able bodied for more information please e-mail enquiries@erda.org.uk or our website at www.erda.org.uk

Jul 232015

To help us prepare for our celebrations, there will be no normal nursery sessions on this day.

Everyone should come to nursery to join the fun at 10.30am when the celebrations begin. The garden party should finish at 12.30.

Jul 132015

We are now on Twitter, follow us @Glen_FC

You can find a link to our twitter page on the right hand side ->

Jun 252015

A look back at some of our family events this year

IMAG1271

“It was lovely seeing my child enjoying the expereince with her friends and teacher”

10698525_715552425187926_6107802940444083790_n

“I enjoyed seeing my child interect with the other kids”

215

“It was nice to be able to do something at nusery with my kids”

227

“I enjoyed seeing my child participating in the football games”

SAM_0091

“I enjoyed watching my child enjoy herself and also the stalls down in the parents room”

” I enjoyed watching the children dancing”

SAM_3079

“We had fun when Santa came to visit”

SAM_0026

“I am so pleased and relieved to have found a nursery place for my daughter which also supports me and my concerns. The cooking club has been a great help to me and everyone has been so supportive and friendly”

SAM_0028

“I think this group is good because it is support for other parents to discuss problems at home. I also like that i am able to make healthier choices and alternatives”

SAM_0035

“I would like to say how pleased i am with the cooking club, i have never been more involved! I can’t thank the staff enough for what they do, it’s a wonderful place for kids and families”

PTDC0101

“Fantastic! The children really enjoyed it and the adult part was so good! I got a deep tissue massage into the bargin! Brilliant! 5 Star”

PTDC0063

“I think Yoga is very good for mums with small children. It relieves anxiety and nervous problems. I would like to thank the nursery staff for arranging for such stress relieving exercises. Lots of thanks”