EWHCF Class of 2020

This week in Primary 4

In Maths, the Cubes have been learning how to carry out division including exchanging and remainders. We learnt by practicing on whiteboards with Miss Bishop, then had a go at some questions on our own.

“It’s quite tricky because you have to find the right remainder. Using tens and units and following the calculations helped me to find the answer” Lucy

The Spheres have been learning how to tell the time using o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to on a digital clock or an analogue clock. We learnt by using an interactive clock on the board which you can move the hands on and setting questions for the rest of the group to answer. Miss Bishop showed us a PowerPoint with analogue clocks and we had to draw the digital clocks to match. We also worked on our own looking at pictures of clocks and working out what time they were showing.

“It was really fun using the interactive clock on the board.” – Jessica

The Cones have been learning our 7 and 8 times table. We played games on the board to see how many we could get correct in a minute and we have also been playing different games and activities so we can get quicker and quicker!

I enjoyed practicing by playing games and using ‘hit the button’ on the whiteboard. I have got faster at my tables.” – Max F.

This week we planned a science experiment which we will carry out next week. The aim of the experiment is to investigate which materials will dissolve in water. To plan our experiment we had to decide our hypothesis, which is our prediction of what will happen when we carry out the experiment. We also had to think about the constants and variables in our experiment. The constants are  things you keep the same each time you do the experiment to make it fair and the variables are what you will change.

“I can’t wait to carry out the experiment next week!” – Marcel

“It was quite hard because you had to think which materials would dissolve and which wouldn’t, then write your prediction.” – Holly

“It’s going to be fun when we do the experiment next week.” – Iain

“It will be interesting to see if my predictions are right.” – Beth

“I am really excited for doing the experiment and I wonder what is going to happen.” – Max M.