EWHCF Class of 2020

Road to Rio Festival

Last Friday, Primary 3 were lucky enough to be involved in the Road to Rio sports event at Whitecraigs Rugby Club. It was a very busy day for us as we started off by walking to the Osprey as part of the STV Appeal Superhero walk before travelling to the event.

There were lots of different activities set up at the club, including archery, rugby, golf, boccia and athletics. We all had a chance to move round and have a go at each of the sports. We were working in groups with other children from lots of different schools.

2

IMG_8497“My favourite bit was when we were doing the archery because I have always really wanted to be able to try it.” – Emilia

“I enjoyed the rugby because we played shark attack and other fun games. We had to race in teams, running and stopping to do different rugby skills like throwing the ball and clapping before you caught it.” – Harry

IMG_8552“My favourite was golf because I haven’t been able to do it before. You had to hit the ball towards a flag and see how many points you could get.” – Aila

“I enjoyed playing boccia. This is a game where you have to throw a ball onto a target and you get points for it.” – Lily

IMG_8508“I liked the athletics because you got to do lots of different activites like shot pot and hurdles. My favourite was the shot puIMG_8524t because you have to try and throw it hard to get it the furthest you can.” – Phoebe

“I enjoyed the archery because you got to use a bow and arrow. You had to put the arrow in the bow and use three fingers to pull it back, aim, then let go and see if you could get the arrow to the target.” – Calum D.