EWHCF Class of 2020

Our new Sci-Topic :)

For our new topic we are going to be learning about the human body.

This week, to learn about the body, we were learning about things inside your tummy, things in the front and behind, and how the organs all do different things.

P4220039We started off thinking about what we already know by working in pairs to write down as much as we could on a body outline. 

P4220042

We also had a toy body model  that showed us all the organs and teaches you how they all work, how they look and how they fit inside.

Then, we had a look at all the organs and cut the main organs out of paper and we stuck them onto a body outline to show where they go.    

P42200362

I learned that the right lung is a little bit bigger than the left lung to fit in your heart.
Naomi

I learned that the liver filters the good things and the bad things out of your body.
Danny

I didn’t know that the heart is to the left, I thought it was in the centre of the body. I didnt know that the small intestine is actually longer than the large intestine because it is 7m or 6m long.
Aiden

I didn’t know at first that your stomach is at the left side of your body and the liver is at the right side.
Olivia

I didn’t know that the right side of the brain is creative and the left side logical.
Henry

I have learned that the skin is the biggest organ in the body.
Calum S

I am hoping to learn more about the stomach and when it is full of food does it move or get bigger or smaller to digest the food.
Jessica

I would like to learn more about the brain because I don’t really understand how it works.
Esha

I would like to learn more about when you cut yourself. How does it heal and what would happen if it got dirty?
Corinne

I want to know how so much food, like a full bowl of spaghetti, can fit inside your stomach when it is so small.
Marcel

How do bones move?
Tom