EWHCF Class of 2020

26/2/16

In maths this week, I was learning multiplication with carrying.  We used hundred s, tens and units to practice first and then we had to do calculations and work out the answers. I enjoyed this because I have always liked maths and I like challenges. I managed to do 591×2. Emily C

In my focus group this week we are learning about the Commonwealth. I am working on a power point with Jenna and Maryam to teach the school about Commonwealth Day. The Commonwealth is a group of countries who work together and sometimes do athletic things. Lily

This week, we had visitors into class to teach us about coping with emergencies. They showed us what a grab bag. This is a bag that you can grab in an emergency and it has a wind up radio, a pen and paper, water, first aid kit, a wind up torch and foil blanket and clothes. They gave us homework to make our own grab bag. I am writing a list of all the things I would put into mine. Holly A

In maths we have been learning how to divide. We worked on the whiteboard and we used cubes to help us. We then did calculations in our work books and I used a whiteboard and pen and drew groups and made tally marks inside the group to help me work it out. Alex

At maths I was learning how to round to the nearest ten and hundred. First we were using whiteboards and then we were learning how to do calculations and how to round to the nearest ten or hundred to estimate the answer. I enjoyed this because it was fun. Bethany