This page brings together links and resources which may be useful for families who are supporting children with ASN, in particular through this period of home learning due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Afasic– National charity for Developmental Language Disorders offering advice , information and support.
- Autism Toolbox – new Covid 19 information page
- British Academy of Childhood Disability – Resources
- CALL Scotland – symbol resources explaining Covid 19
- CHAS – Support for those with life- shortening conditions
- ENABLE supporting disabled individuals
- ENQUIRE: General advice – ASL
- Mencap – how to involve children in decision making
- PAMIS –Support and services for those with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- The Sensory Projects – COVID 19 educational resources for home-schooling
- Wellchild – National Charity for sick children
Using ICT to support your child
Please follow this link for ways to support your child using ICT. Here you will find information about how to download Read&Write, a fabulous piece of free software which offers text-to-speech, speech-to-text, predictive typing and a spellchecker.
If you are looking for specific advice or help around anxiety, worry or mental health, the following list of websites may be helpful:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for children, families and professionals
- Young minds
- Mind for better mental health
- Childline – Your Feelings
- NSPCC – Keeping Children Safe
We would like to continue to build upon this list of people and agencies you can reach out to, so if you come across anyone you have found helpful, please let us know and we can share it with the whole community.